General Contest Rules and Regulations Applicable to All Contests and Promotions
These General Contest Rules and Regulations apply to all contests and promotions (the “Contest”) sponsored by North Atlantic, Yay!, and Orangestore (the “Sponsors”) unless specifically stated otherwise.
1. Only residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador who have reached the age of 19 at the time of entry may enter the Contest. The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information and images requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or images.
2. Employees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of, the Sponsors, its agents and representatives, their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to the Contest, including the independent contest organization, are not eligible to enter the Contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
3. An entrant may not attempt to: (i) use multiple names, identities, accounts, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Contest, and if any such event occurs, the entrant may be disqualified from the Contest at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
1. An entrant may enter the Contest without making a purchase.
2. An entrant may enter the Contest only in accordance with these Rules and the instructions (the “Instructions”) as provided by the Sponsors on a social media platform such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (the “Social Media Platforms”), or on yayrewards.ca, orangestore.ca, or northatlantic.ca (the “Websites”) or by mailing the entry, on a plain piece of paper, including his or her full name, mailing address and telephone number, to “Contest”, 29 Pippy Place, St. John’s, NL, A1B 3X2.
3. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period as prescribed by the Instructions.
4. The Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Entries received by mail will be declared void if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged or garbled. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
5. The creation or use of more than one Twitter account by an entrant for the purpose of entering the Contest is strictly prohibited and any entrant creating or using more than one Twitter account for the purpose of entering the Contest may be disqualified from the Contest at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
6. If the entrant is using Twitter to enter the Contest the entrant may enter only once per day. Multiple daily entries via Twitter are prohibited and any entrant entering more than once per day via Twitter may be disqualified from the Contest at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
7. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
1. Prizes will vary for each Contest.
2. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
3. Winners shall be responsible for all aspects of, and costs associated with claiming and using all prizes. Any costs incurred by winners in claiming or using a prize shall be the responsibility of the winners.
4. Prizes must be accepted as described by the Sponsors on the Websites and Social Media Platforms and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part, for cash, except at the discretion of the Sponsors.
4. Awarding of Prizes
1. Winners are chosen from among all eligible entrants.
2. Selected entrants will be contacted by email or telephone using the contact information provided by the entrant. If a selected entrant does not respond within three (3) days of notification, his/her entry will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein and the prize is awarded.
3. Winners must appear in person at a pre-arranged location by a pre-arranged time to accept prizes. If winners do not appear at the pre-arranged time and place, and cannot be reached, the Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify the winner and select another entrant.
5. Odds of Winning
1. The odds of being selected for a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
1. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to the Contest rules, and to abide by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsors with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final.
2. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question posed by email, telephone, or in person.
3. The Sponsors accept no responsibility for losses, damages, or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or any prize associated with the Contest, and by entering, the winners release the Sponsors from any such losses, damages or claims.
4. By entering, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by, or on behalf of, the Sponsors with respect to the Contest.
5. The Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or to amend the Contest and the Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Contest may be cancelled at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest, as a result of the entrant’s participation in the Contest.
7. By entering the Contest, entrants acknowledge and accept that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any Social Media Platforms. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest are to be directed to the Sponsors, not to the Social Media Platforms.
8. The use of inaccurate tagging or hashtagging by an entrant is prohibited and any entrant using inaccurate tagging or hashtagging will be disqualified.
9. By participating in the Contest, and as a condition of acceptance of any prize, the entrant, and his or her heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Sponsors, and their direct and indirect parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, agents, advisors, franchisees, shareholders, partners, representatives, their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all losses, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages), rights, claims, actions, causes of action, personal injury, property damage or death, including without limitation all costs and liabilities of any kind including legal fees on a substantial indemnity scale, hereinafter called “Claims” and including without limitation any claims arising from any act of negligence of the Released Parties, that you now have, or may hereafter have against the Released Parties directly or indirectly resulting or arising from: (i) participation in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse or enjoyment of any Prize, and where applicable, traveling to, preparing for, or participating in, any Contest-related or Prize-related event or activity; or (ii) the publicity rights granted to the Sponsors. The entrant specifically acknowledges that he or she understands that there may be serious risks of bodily injury, death, or property damage associated with the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize and attendance at any event or participation in certain Prize-related activities, and the entrant voluntarily assumes these risks. The entrant also agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all Claims in respect of the foregoing.