Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Payroll/HR Administrator will be responsible for the processing and administration of bi-weekly payroll and group benefits for NARL Marketing & affiliated companies. This position will also perform administration duties for the Human Resources department for various human resources activities including but not limited to recruiting, training, employee events, disability management and other activities as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process full cycle bi-weekly payroll to ensure employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enter, maintain, verify, and update employee payroll records and personnel files.
- Ensure compliance with payroll legislation.
- Prepare payroll related reports and reconcile year-end payroll including taxable benefits, issuing of T4s and other statutory requirements.
- Respond to payroll related queries in a timely manner.
- Enrol employees for group benefits and update changes for new and terminated employees.
- Keep current with payroll legislation and employee benefits.
- Assist with administration for human resource programs and services.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new employees.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive business information.
- 2-3 years preparing and processing a bi-weekly payroll.
- Certificate or Diploma with a concentration in Payroll/Human Resources preferred.
- Strong understanding of Canadian Payroll & HR-related provincial employment standards.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, written and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels of an organization.
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 12th by 12:00 noon.
ABOUT NORTH ATLANTIC
North Atlantic is a province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on quality products, extraordinary service and community engagement. With our people first approach, North Atlantic looks for individuals who take initiative and dynamic personalities committed to fostering a strong team environment. We want people who are known for their positive attitude, authentic communications and personal drive.
Great people. Great products. That’s the North Atlantic difference.