The primary focus of the Merchandising Coordinator is to provide merchandising support to the Retail Team and Orangestore network. This role will work closely with the Category Manager and Territory Managers to deliver effective and impactful merchandising strategies.
This position reports directly to the COO and will collaborate with the Retail Team regularly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement visual merchandise standards, policies, and procedures for Orangestore.
- Implement floor set package designs that complement new merchandising strategies; maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Build effective relationships with the Orangestore teams throughout the island, to maximize merchandise presentation.
- Help Territory Managers and Category Manager with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends, checking daily on special promotions, observing customer reaction to special promotions, forwarding observations to management, and removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Perform sales analysis on products and categories; define and track important KPI’s.
- Enter products into POS System and maintain store database.
- Other duties in relation to effective merchandising of our retail sites.
Qualifications & Key Compentencies:
- Attention to Detail — this job requires accountability and ownership of tasks, someone who is careful about detail and thorough in completing their work.
- Analytical Thinking — this job requires analyzing information and using logic to solve issues.
- Co-operation — this job requires working closely with others and demonstrating a cooperative attitude.
- Initiative and Innovation — this job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for brand advancement and problem solving.
- Effective Communicator — this job requires exceptional communication skills, someone who can work in a dynamic and fast paced retail environment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Education and Experience:
- Business degree, certificate, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar role in a related retail environment.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Proficiency in retail management software is an asset.
- Knowledge of retail strategies and consumer behaviour.
- Ability to facilitate merchandise movement, packing, pricing, and replenishment.
- Exceptional ability to design creative and appealing product displays.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Regular travel to retail sites is required for this role.
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a highly-motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by 4:30 pm Friday, January 28, 2022.
ABOUT NORTH ATLANTIC
North Atlantic is a province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on quality products, extraordinary service and community engagement. With our people first approach, North Atlantic looks for individuals who take initiative and dynamic personalities committed to fostering a strong team environment. We want people who are known for their positive attitude, authentic communications and personal drive.
Great people. Great products. That’s the North Atlantic difference.