Database Administrator/Data Analyst
Reporting to the IT Manager, this position is responsible for the availability, integrity, accessibility and performance of all the database systems at North Atlantic. The position will also be focused on gathering, modeling, interpreting data and presenting it to the end user in an understandable way using graphs, charts, tables and graphics. The Database Administrator/Data Analyst will be a self-confident, strong problem solver who has a strong desire to help others with their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly on time-sensitive and operationally important projects
- Interact with end users, team members, and project managers to communicate status and resolve issues
- Execute software development lifecycle while implementing custom development / web-based applications / mobile applications / API integrations
- Designing solutions with both front-end and back-end users in mind
- Perform database space management and monitoring
- Implement requirements for backup and recovery and ensure successful nightly recoverable backups of all databases
- Create and maintain database structures
- Execute database recovery procedures in case of either hardware or software problems
- Making requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
- Ensuring database security, integrity, stability and system availability for in house applications, web-based applications, web portals and phone apps
- Report creation for all departments and presented through different platforms
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in related field
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Extensive experience working with MS SQL and AZURE SQL
- Expert report designer
- Experience with database standards and end user applications
- Significant experience migrating/updating databases and their associated applications
- Project management and vendor relationship experience
- Analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-organized, responsible, and capable of working under pressure
- Able to keep up to date with trends and developments in database administration
Knowledge of the following would be an asset:
- MS NAV, JET, Power BI, and API Integrations
- Web page and phone app design
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a highly-motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by 4:30 pm Friday, January 14, 2022.
ABOUT NORTH ATLANTIC
North Atlantic is a province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on quality products, extraordinary service and community engagement. With our people first approach, North Atlantic looks for individuals who take initiative and dynamic personalities committed to fostering a strong team environment. We want people who are known for their positive attitude, authentic communications and personal drive.
Great people. Great products. That’s the North Atlantic difference.