Customer Service Representative
(Temporary until April 30, 2022)
North Atlantic is looking for an adaptable, highly motivated professional to join our growing organization as Customer Service Representative (CSR). Reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor, the CSR provides customer service as part of a Contact Centre, located at 29 Pippy Place. This role is designed to respond to customer inquiries, take payments, generate work orders, and book fuel and service request orders. The CSR escalates customer inquiries and requests as required to the CSR Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming customer calls in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Research and pull files for customer inquiries.
- Respond to customer requests for account adjustments, billing/budget inquiries, and resolves customer complaints and escalate, if needed.
- Book fuel orders and service calls by generating work orders following company process.
- Flag emergency priority calls for requests where customers are out of oil, propane, or smell fuels, and email emergency dispatch the order to send fuel or service dispatcher to respond.
- Assist customer in completing account application by filling out as much information as possible on form, and mailing, fax, or email to customer for additional information and signature.
- Calculate budget plan based on last year’s customer usage for equalization payment plan.
- Process customer payments by credit card over the phone.
- Investigate returned mail to locate proper address for customers and update information.
- Contact customers for declined payments to confirm accurate payment information and to collect payment.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Business diploma (preferred).
- Exceptional customer service.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with customers in a courteous and effective manner.
- Must have demonstrated coping skills to effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Must have a high level of accuracy and well-developed keyboard skills.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently under pressure in a busy team environment.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 12th by 12:00 noon.
ABOUT NORTH ATLANTIC
North Atlantic is a province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on quality products, extraordinary service and community engagement. With our people first approach, North Atlantic looks for individuals who take initiative and dynamic personalities committed to fostering a strong team environment. We want people who are known for their positive attitude, authentic communications and personal drive.
Great people. Great products. That’s the North Atlantic difference.