Accounts Payable Administrator
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for the daily operation of North Atlantic’s Accounts Payable system including obtaining approvals prior to payments, preparation and distribution of payments to suppliers, distributors, and contractors, and data entry of information into Microsoft NAV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review account payable invoices submitted for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Obtain approval for all invoices and payments in accordance with authority limits as set out by company policies and procedures.
- Code invoices based on the chart of accounts and prepare invoices for payment and generate cheque and electronic payment batches.
- Prepare payment for contractors (bi-weekly) and prepare for reconciliations and monthly payments for distributors.
- Prepare and enter wire transfers and ensure proper approval process of wires is followed
- Enter and issue payment of product invoices and check calculations on all inventory invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Resolve problems or discrepancies with vendors and respond to enquiries from suppliers regarding payment status.
- Reconcile supplier accounts as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- 2+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Standard Microsoft Office, especially Excel
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 12th by 12:00 noon.
ABOUT NORTH ATLANTIC
North Atlantic is a province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on quality products, extraordinary service and community engagement. With our people first approach, North Atlantic looks for individuals who take initiative and dynamic personalities committed to fostering a strong team environment. We want people who are known for their positive attitude, authentic communications and personal drive.
Great people. Great products. That’s the North Atlantic difference.