North Atlantic’s fuel marketing and distribution division is looking for a skilled Human Resources (HR) Manager to oversee the administration, coordination, and evaluation of the HR function. As a strategic partner within our business, and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the development of processes and procedures that support the achievement of the organization’s business goals. In this key leadership role, the HR Manager will develop and lead HR practices that uphold the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Recruitment and Selection
- Lead recruitment strategy and activities including scheduling, phone screen interviews, design of interview questions, consultation with hiring managers, reference checks, background checks, job offer negotiation, etc.
- Conduct new employee orientation, including the administration of forms.
- Support workforce planning and talent acquisition initiatives.
- Support succession planning programs to ensure continuity of culture and sustained growth.
Programs and Partnerships
- Implement and annually update compensation program; conduct annual salary surveys and develop salary budget in consultation with the CEO.
- Develop and manage HR policies and procedures.
- Act as as Benefits and Pension Plan Administrator.
- Develop and maintain network with HR professionals and participate in associations, as appropriate, to stay current with progressive HR practices and trends.
Professional Development and Coaching
- Promote continuous professional development of employees and leaders by creating an organizational learning plan in consultation with the CEO.
- Develop and facilitate training programs for employees and managers.
- Develop, monitor, and revise performance review and career path-ing programs as necessary.
- Provide support and coaching to managers in the areas of performance management, employee relations, and professional development.
Communications and Employee Engagement
- Establish and develop employee communications to foster engagement, solicit ideas, and provide recognition and awareness regarding people-related tools, programs, and resources.
- Promote the employee brand internally and externally acting on opportunities to position the company as an employer of choice within the industry.
Reporting and Confidentiality
- Administer action forms for employee salary adjustments, promotions, terminations, and other required changes in the ADP online system.
- Perform exit interviews for voluntary terminations, and perform data analytics for retention and continuous improvement.
- Establish HR-related metrics such as turnover, demographics, and compensation data to identify trends and proactively address future requirements.
- Administer government forms for Service Canada such as annual EI Premium Reduction, ROE’s, Employee Tax Forms, etc.
- Securely maintain personnel files, follow internal policy regarding access to information, and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Business Degree with major in Human Resources.
- Acquired or working towards a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Five (5) years progressive work experience as a human resources generalist.
- Demonstrated strong ethics, professional judgment, and decision making skills.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to design, deliver, and manage HR programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all job levels with messages that support company culture and values.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use empathy and good judgment when dealing with sensitive situations.
- Proven ability to build relationships while leveraging strong conflict resolutions skills.
- Previous experience in benefits administration and/or with ADP online solution considered an asset.
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in the strictest confidence by March 31st, 2017 to the following address:
29 Pippy Place
St. John’s, NL A1B 3X2
About North Atlantic
North Atlantic has proudly served the people of Newfoundland and Labrador with refined products manufactured right here for almost 30 years. We offer a variety of products and services, including residential and commercial heating oil and propane, diesel fuel and gasoline through our successful chain of over 50 gas and convenience retail outlets (including 19 Orangestores), and a wholesale division which supplies everything from jet fuel to marine diesel.
North Atlantic is one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for 2017. For more information about why our company is an exceptional place to work, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/gs52yyz.